

Prior to attending Colloquium, I have always thought fondly of Florida Gulf Coast Universities campus. I knew our school based themselves on being an environmentally friendly and sustainable campus. However, I was not aware of all the additions our University has already made and is continuing to make in order to keep their promise to be sustainable. For instance, I did not now about FGCU's unique air conditioning technique. Learning that large blocks of ice are formed during the night when energy costs are low and then used to cool classrooms and building on campus during the day is truly remarkable. I have never heard of a University use air conditioning techniques as unique as ours. In addition, another aspect of our campus walk that I truly enjoyed was being able to observe all of the different ecosystems we have right here on Florida Gulf Coast campus such as Cypress Swamps and Pine Flat woods. This field trip allowed me to recognize how lucky I am to be a part of such an amazing and unique University.
No comments:
Post a Comment