
I was shocked to see the results of the quiz. My results stated
that if everyone lived like me than we would need 3.5 Planet Earths to provide
enough resources. In addition, to support the lifestyle I live, it takes 15.4 global
acres of the Earth’s productive area and 13.7 tons of carbon dioxide. After seeing how high my results were, I started to think of how I could change the way I live my life that will help lower my numbers. I know the biggest change I could make is to stop eating so much processed or should I saw “convenient” food. Being a college student and working almost fifty hours a week, I do not always have time to cook my food and tend to depend on processed or boxed dinners rather than fresh meats and producer. In addition, being Italian I am use to eating as lot of meat such as chicken and veal. Therefore, if I were to lower my intake on meat rather than fresh produce, I would help sustain our planet. Last but not least, I could also recycle more within my own home as well as unplug my appliances when I am leaning the house or finished using them. By making the changes I stated above, I will play a helping hand in sustaining our planet. However, I am one of billions of people that need to make changes in order to decrease their ecological footprints. I believe sustaining our earth is a lifelong commitment that all citizens need to promise and abide by.
No comments:
Post a Comment