see where a lot of our society’s everyday foods come from. I think consumers
have been uninformative and vague when they tell consumers what is in their food. However, I definitely believe people have the right to know. If they are
spending their hard working money on food, they should be able to know if all
the ingredients are healthy or even safe for us to consume. Watching this video
I also became very curious to see what is in my favorite snacks, veggie straws.
Looking at the back of the bag I was pleased to notice a short list of ingredients. Generally the items I eat have a whole paragraph of ingredients that I am not even what or let alone pronounce most of them. The ingredients found in veggie straws are potato flour, oil (It could be canola, safflower or sunflower oil), Corn starch, tomato paste, spinach powder, sea salt, sugar, beetroot powder, turmeric. All of this information could also be found on http://www.sensiblepoprtions.com/, which is the brand of the vegetable straws. To be honest, I was scared when I saw the last ingredient on the list, I was unfamiliar with Turmeric. However, after researching I found out that Turmeric is actually very beneficial. For instance, it is natural, has prevented many sicknesses such as breast cancer, prostate when combined with cauliflower, child leukemia, and so much more. It is also known to help with weight management. The following link describes more of the positive effects of Turmeric.
http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/20-health-benefits-of-turmeric.html
No comments:
Post a Comment